Featuring a wide, covered center aisle, these partially covered 12’ x 24’ stalls are available to Cal Poly Pomona student horses as space permits. There is a waiting list for the 2017-2018 school year. A crosstie & wash rack area is conveniently located at one end of the barn, and boarders may also arrange for space within one of the several tack lockers nearby.
More information about Boarding
The Arabian Horse Center provides horse boarding for approved Cal Poly Pomona student horses as space is available. Guidelines include:
- Covered paddocks, 12’ x 24’, are available for a monthly fee. All board payments are due and payable the first of each month, in advance. Failure to pay board on time will result in termination of the board agreement.
- Only the student boarder is allowed to ride or work with the boarded horse. Horses may be ridden anytime between sun-up and sundown during the summer months, and fall and spring quarters (April through December). Winter quarter hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Horses may be ridden in any of the three arenas when classes are not in the arenas, when lessons are not being given, or when shows are not being held. Riders must stay within the confines of the Arabian Horse Center.
- All boarders will be required to exercise standard safety precautions when riding their horses.
- Helmets must be worn while riding.
- All boarded horses will be fed by Horse Center staff. Horses are fed twice a day, between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. and between 3:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Any exceptions to standard feed may result in extra expense.
- All boarded horses will have their paddocks cleaned daily by a Horse Center Staff member. Shavings are not allowed.
- Boarded horses must be up-to-date on preventative vaccinations and every horse must be accompanied by a health certificate upon arrival. All boarded horses must be maintained on a regular de-worming program.
- Veterinary and farrier services must be arranged individually by each boarder.
- Tack sheds are available on a first come, first served basis. When tack shed space is not available, sufficient area will be provided for each boarder to place a secured tack trunk or box.
- Turnouts are available, but all horses must be supervised at all times during their turnouts. Daily turnout should be limited to 15-20 minutes per horse.
- The wash racks may be utilized on a space available basis.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign the Contract and Release Agreement if the potential border is a minor.
- Horses should be broke to ride and able to adjust to new circumstances easily. For everyone's safety, boarding is not available for students to train young horses.
- Colts, stallions, unruly or destructive horses, and horses requiring unusual feed or care, will not be accepted as boarders at the Arabian Horse Center.
For more information on boarding at the AHC, contact the front desk at 909-869-4988 or email@example.com.